Google+

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Welcome New Designer Stina Westbom!

We would like to welcome Stina Westbom as our newest member of the design team! Stina has created some beautiful layouts with the January Kit! Here is more about Stina in her own words:


Hello, I'm Stina Westbom, a creative teacher who likes to spend time outdoors when I'm not sitting in my scrap room. I live in Piteå, Sweden with my partner Tomas, our wonderful son Jonathan, our English Setter Peak and our cat Hilda. I have been scrapping since 2005 and slipped into this hobby when I was looking for material to create a birthday card for a friend. There was never any doubt that this was something for me. I'm into most things within scrapbooking and my style is a bit of a mix between romantic and grungy.

In 2009 I was involved in starting a scrapbooking association that I now sit in the chair for. I 'm also a design team member at Scrap-Ateljén and ARTastic.

Scrapbooking is a way for me to express my creativity. To get creative with my hands gives me joy and brings peace. My inspiration I find, among other things, at scrap meetings in our local association. We are good at sharing tips, ideas, techniques and tutorials. Then there is the great source of inspiration on the internet where I'm inspired by blogs, forums, groups on Facebook and especially Pinterest which is a real gold mine.

I'm so honored to be a part of this wonderful team and this absolutely wonderful kit club. I hope you find my work inspiring and take time to stop by my blog: http://ztinaspysselvra.wordpress.com.

I really loved the papers and the embellishments in the January Kit. The colours were perfect for me.

My first project is a layout.

From my own stash I used: paint, chalk

For this layout I used products from the Main Kit and Mixed Media Kit. I cut different papers into strips and used them as a photo mat. In the Mixed Media Kit was this gorgeous blue flower. I dry brushed it with white paint and powered with Perfect Pearls.



From my own stash I used: gesso, background stamps, paint, clip and cardstock

My next layout is with my son dancing on a parking space. Here I've used products from the Main Kit, Mixed Media Kit and the Flower Add-On. On the background I have used the stencil and the texture paste from the Mixed Media Kit. Then, I cut paper strips and added them together with some stickers. Over them I put some gesso and stamps. Lastly, I decorated with flowers and metal embellishments.



From my own stash I used: gesso, punch and cardstock

Here's another layout of my son and his big eyes. On this page I've used products from the Main Kit, the Mixed Media Kit and the Flower Add-On. Here I chose to put the photo in the middle of the layout.



From my own stash I used: paint, leaves, inca gold, clips and metallic heart

My last project is an altered frame. I took the frame from the Mixed Media Kit and put many different layers on it; acrylic paint, texture paste and inca gold in different colours. I decorated with some flowers from the Flower Add-On.



If you haven't seen all the lovely products in the Mixed Media Kit and Add-Ons, hurry up and go to the C'est Magnifique Storeand look them up! They are so lovely and fun to work with! Be sure to visit the blog again tomorrow for the January Kit reveal!

Thanks for stopping by and have a happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects =) Stina! Congrats to the DT spot. So happy to see you here. Looking forward to see more of your projects. Hugs Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Stina! It's great to have you on the team! :)

    ReplyDelete